[Bldg-sim] climate zone Rome

Jim Dirkes jim at buildingperformanceteam.com
Wed Feb 3 06:43:15 PST 2016

Francesco,
As I recall, the E+ weather files derive the climate zone based on various
attributes of the weather data.  In fact, I think there is a qualifying
statement within the .EPW files which says the climate zone may not be
"perfect"
For that reason, I would use the climate zone referenced in 90.1

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 9:15 AM, Francesco Passerini <fpasserini.tn at gmail.com
> wrote:

> In order to understand what thermal transmittances I shall impose in a
> baseline model for LEED, I have to understand in what climate zone I shall
> consider Rome.
> In TABLE B-3 "International Climate Zones" of ASHRAE 90.1-2010,
> "Roma/Fiumicion" is zone 4, while in the weather file zone 3C is indicated.
> The weather file for Fiumicino is available here:
>
> https://energyplus.net/weather-location/europe_wmo_region_6/ITA//ITA_Roma-Fiumicino.162420_IGDG
> If you see the .stat file, HDD18°C = 1514, which respects the thermal
> criteria for zone 3C (see Table B-4).
> Is TABLE B-3 based on other weather data?
> Best Regards
> Francesco

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
CEO/President