[Bldg-sim] Exterior Shading Analysis - Comfort Metrics?

Nathan Brown via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Fri Dec 16 11:30:01 PST 2016

Hi Coles —

Check out the SolarCal tool that’s part of the CBE comfort tool <http://comfort.cbe.berkeley.edu/>. It provides a way to modify the MRT based on solar radiation. There is also a component of Ladybug (a Grasshopper plugin)  called the Outdoor Solar Temperature Adjustor that will perform a similar calculation. Both are based on Arens et al (2015) <http://escholarship.org/uc/item/89m1h2dg>.

Best,
Nathan

Nathan Brown, BEMP, LEED AP ~ Associate
LOISOS + UBBELOHDE