[Bldg-sim] Modelica and how to use it for performing simulation to calculate the building energy GAP

Matthes, Peter via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Aug 24 04:12:05 PDT 2016

Hello Rasheed,

there are several libraries out there that you can look into. For example start on the Modelica website:
https://www.modelica.org/libraries

Annex 60 ( http://iea-annex60.org/ ) is an effort to build a tool chain for building energy simulations. Several institutions work together to organize their Modelica building simulation libraries so that the exchange of models becomes easy. Most participants will have their own libraries that might be available already.

For example have a look at “Buildings” library for energy systems simulation:
http://simulationresearch.lbl.gov/modelica/

AixLib:
https://github.com/RWTH-EBC/AixLib

IDEAS:
https://github.com/open-ideas/IDEAS

BuildingSystems:
https://github.com/UdK-VPT/BuildingSystems

For AixLib we are currently working on porting most of our old libraries that cover models for building and HVAC systems. However, there are already quite a few models that might be interesting for you in AixLib.Building to model envelope and zones.

Regards,

Peter

Dipl.-Ing. Peter Matthes
Research Associate
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

T +49 241 80-49782
F +49 241 80-49769
pmatthes at eonerc.rwth-aachen.de<mailto:pmatthes at eonerc.rwth-aachen.de>

RWTH Aachen University
E.ON Energy Research Center   •   Institute for Energy Efficient Buildings and Indoor Climate
E.ON Energieforschungszentrum   •   Lehrstuhl für Gebäude- und Raumklimatechnik

Mathieustraße 30
52074 Aachen   •   Germany
www.eonerc.rwth-aachen.de/ebc<http://www.eonerc.rwth-aachen.de/ebc>