[Bldg-sim] Thermal Blocks in Multifamily Residential Buildings

Sherif Farag sherif.sabr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 05:01:22 PDT 2015

Dear Modellers;

I am modelled a multifamily residential building with thermal blocks following ASHRAE 90.1:2007 Table G3.1 item 9. but I received a comment from the reviewer asking me to follow Table G3.1 item 7a and justified the comment because the living areas and bedroom areas having different occupancy profiles, he also suggested that (to simplify the profiles) the occupants are in the living space from 1800hrs to 2400hrs and in the bedroom spaces 0000hrs to 0800hrs.

Is this a reasonable comment?
Did anybody here had a similar experience?

I will appreciate your feedback & recommendations.

Thanks & Regards;

Sherif Farag <>
Sustainability Consultant

P.O. Box: 127842