[Bldg-sim] Domestic Hot Water Heaters With VRF

Hollon, Ben bhollon at antella-inc.com
Thu May 7 12:11:45 PDT 2015

Hi,

Has anyone ever had any experience with modeling a VRF system with
individual hot water heaters tied into the refrigerant loop?

We are debating in the office how this would be handled by an energy
modeling program. In the summer you could produce almost free hot water and
reduce the condensing unit load. But in the winter you would either need
greatly oversized condensing units or auxiliary heat. I'm not aware of this
level of functionality in an energy modeling program with domestic hot
water heating. We are thinking you would need to perform some amount of
calculations by hand with outputs from an energy model...

Also, has anyone had any positive or negative experiences with this in
terms of performance and operations?

Thanks!

<https://ee70db1b-a-1347254f-s-sites.googlegroups.com/a/antella-inc.com/cadstandards/other/Ant-Logo.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7crK3WoX4hU441SAa703fENBeWmmomx2fSEwMugePrx8z8UbHuYup2eh-hLOT4cCifwEfw-EWAzIKfrb50zUwHPiF0KXB-3KyY35c4CKX9033i50232S12FIWzuqbYM-NB1gCHyMd3lWot8TXxqNnFX24oedBXR2aqSvsFkMhpuy3RH-Ue-69vX4glR7HBtQScw8X_R1KwOLH0bh-eu-g2MF1uuWJ-jeHWzdoOweXgOBm4HdSN4%3D&attredirects=0>

*Ben Hollon, EIT, LEED*®* AP BD+C, MBA*

email:  bhollon at antella-inc.com <xxxxxx at antella-inc.com>

--

------------------------------
 Antella Consulting Engineers, inc.

1600 Genessee, Suite 260 • Kansas City, MO 64102 • Tele: (816) 421-0950 • Fax:
(816) 249-2439 • www.antella-inc.com

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this electronic communication, as
well as in any attachments, is privileged and confidential and intended
solely for use by the addressee(s). Any other use, dissemination, or
copying of this electronic communication is strictly prohibited and is an
interference with Antella Consulting Engineers, inc. confidential business
relationships. If you received this communication in error, please notify
me immediately and permanently delete the original and any electronic or
printed copies of this electronic communication.