[Bldg-sim] VRF performance curve

Chris Yates chris.malcolm.yates at gmail.com
Thu May 28 04:27:06 PDT 2015

Interesting post and thanks for the info - I find VRF a bit of a 'black
box' when it comes to modelling. Part of the issue is the huge variety of
indoor/ outdoor unit combinations.

I have no doubt that the better VRF systems are a superb technology.
However, I do believe some of the performance claims are audacious (I can
only speak of the European market). For example, heat recovery VRF with
seasonal average heating COP (kW/kW)  > 8.0 and seasonal Cooling EER > 6 is
competing with centrifugal chillers - the most advanced VRF compressor
technology I know of is scroll.

I guess part of my beef is not trusting the Euro test standards for VRF!

Bye for now

Chris

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Qureshi, Harris <Harris.Qureshi at stantec.com