[Bldg-sim] Title-24 modeling w/ eQUEST

gaurav mehta gmehta75 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:00:26 PST 2008

I ran into a similar problem myself and it was just a few days before the
deadline. Having received no support from the eQuest developers, I had to
rebuild the model in EnergyPro.

However, I would like to add here that the project I was dealing with has
a complex geometry- the whole building is curvilinear and has sloping roofs
and it helped that I had a 3D eQuest model. I had to print some 170 pages
(85 back to back) of LV-C Report and then input some 120 or so external
walls and roofs into EnergyPro. I was not at all happy doing that in a
matter of 1 day (and night).

In case my email gives an impression of being positive in terms of Title 24
compliance and using eQuest then I would like emphasize - I would never ever
use eQuest for Title 24 compliance.

Best regards,

Gaurav Mehta

Sustainable Building Analyst