[TRNSYS-users] Thermal bridges !

Alastair McDowell alastair.mcdowell at energyae.com
Mon May 2 01:33:29 PDT 2016

Hi Issmail,

Have a read of section 5.2.10.8.4 in the Type56 user manual.

“To consider the effects of thermal bridging on the thermal behavior (heat losses) and other
physics (condensation and mold) of walls, the description of this effect was included in the
building description. Thermal loss rates are found in thermal bridge (coldbridge) catalogues, and
are normally defined in W/m length of the coldbridge or, in TRNSYS units, in kJ/h m. Walltypes
for coldbridges are special coldbridge types defined with a resistance and therefore are
considered to be without thermal capacitance.”

In TRNBuild, go to the window that specifies all the walls and windows of a zone. Below the 'Walls' pane, click on Add.  Select from the pull-down menu to the right of 'wall type' the option 'Coldbrigde'.  TRNBuild will open a window asking you for the required parameters.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D1A4A1.1DA493F0]

Let me know if you have any more problems! I’m here to help.
Kind regards,
Alastair McDowell
Engineering Consultant
Energy Analysis & Engineering – Enabling innovation for a sustainable future
T: +61 450 600 842