[TRNSYS-users] simulating a PV cold storage with ice storage

Johannes Glitzky johannes.glitzky at web.de
Wed Mar 27 00:57:04 PDT 2013

hey everyone,
I am actually working on a simulation for my bachelor thesis.
I want to simulate a cold storage room (type 19) that gets cooled by a
compression cooling system powered directly by PV (type 194).
The storage will be kind of hard to simulate...an ice storage that is
either just like the coolpacks in a fridge or a ciruclating water cycle
partly able to freeze.
The whole system should also cover a dail ice making.
Both seem to be pretty hard.

What i need help on is the compression cooling system. Which type to
use? The stuff i found didnt have an input for the available pv energy.
Which type can be used.

My idea was to simulate two seperate systems....the cooling load needed
by the room and the cooling energy supplied by the cooling system and
then compare these in an excel spredsheet.

By the way i am also still looking for  meteonorm weather data for
indonesia.

Any help is highly appriciated.
Johannes