[TRNSYS-users] Removing Weather data from a 3D building project

Arnaud Candaele arnaudcandaele at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 02:13:42 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm new to TRNSYS, and I'd like to create steady weather conditions to test
a building.
I created a building using Google Sktechup, then started a new "3d building
project". Now, I'd like to force steady oustide conditions, so that I can
make a first analyze of my building.
My question is : how can I do that ? It seems that the building model
impose that I use a weather file. So I see 2 options : 1) I create a
"steady" weather file that I then use in my project, but this doesn't seem
that easy to do (or does such a weather file already exist ? I didn't find
one..), or 2) I try to modify my project so that my building receives
steady conditions instead of time varying conditions from the weather file.
I tried to do that, and I could almost do it. I used "equations" modules to
impose constant conditions for TAMB, TGROUND, and so on.. it works. But
then, when I monitor the temperature in a room, it is not completely flat.
I don't understand why, because there is no gain/heating in any room, and
all inputs to the building are constant, except for "AZEN" which is related
to solar position. This parameter, I can't impose constant because TRNSYS
tells me it HAS to be connected to the weather file.. So, that's the only
thing actually varying, so I guess this is the reason why I don't get
steady temperature in my monitored room.

In other words : how can I "disconnect" solar calculations from my project ?
Or even a more generic question : how can I impose steady outside
conditions on my building, knowing that I created my project from a 3D
building from Google Sketchup... ?
I mean, it seems to me like a quite simple problem, but the solution seems
quite complicated...

Thank you for your help,

Arnaud.