[Equest-users] Windows 7 Compatibility?

Heath Baxa Heath.Baxa at me-engineers.com
Tue Jan 5 11:54:12 PST 2010

I am using eQUEST version 3.63b with Windows 7 operating system.  Generally the program has run smoothly except lately I've experienced the following:

1.      After using the Design Development Wizard to set up and run a project, when I select "Building Creation Wizard" to go back to the Wizard, the program generates an error stating "Error evaluating WizardInput rulelist".  The project file is located on my computer's C drive, under "eQUEST 3-63 Projects" folder.  The Wizard rulelist does not seem to copy over to each project, or the program does not seem to remember that it needs to look under the "eQUEST 3-63 Data/Wizard" folder where I believe the correct Rulelist file is located.  The only solution I've found is to close the program and re-install eQUEST, then to open the project file.  I'm missing something here...what am I doing wrong?

2.      The display driver appears to be causing some errors.  At first I was just experiencing problems such as not being able to view the model in 3-D.  Lately the program has been generating an error or crashing after selecting "Finish" in the Design Development Wizard.  This usually happens after creating more than 1 floor on a larger building.  The error message reads "The NVIDIA OpenGL Driver encountered an unrecoverable error and must close this application.  Error 13."  The error is generated whether I import CAD geometry or use simple default geometry.  Any help would be appreciated.

Are other users experiencing similar errors with Windows 7 or is this not a Windows 7 compatibility problem?

Thanks for your help!

Heath Baxa