[Virtual-sim] MicroFlo problem

Claire Das Bhaumik Claire.DasBhaumik at scottwilson.com
Thu May 14 08:20:51 PDT 2009

I am trying to model the air flow throughout a low contamination
manufacturing facility using MicroFlo in IES v5.9.0.3. The facility is
around 150 metres x 60 metres and air is supplied through 274 supply
diffusers in the ceiling and then extracted through 72 louvers at low
level. There are also some ducts modelled as obstructions.

I am having trouble getting any results. When I try to run, the memory
and aspect ratio look fine but then I either get an error saying that
"Surface/ component boundaries do not align with the grid" or if I
remesh a few times I eventually get it to run but the resulting
residuals are horizontal lines and I get solid grey plots if I try to
plot the results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Claire

____________________
Dr Claire Das Bhaumik
Building Physicist

Scott Wilson Ltd

14-20 Shand Street

London

SE1 2ES

t:  020 7940 2860

f:  020 7939 7801

e: claire.dasbhaumik at scottwilson.com
<mailto:claire.dasbhaumik at scottwilson.com>

w: www.scottwilson.com <http://www.scottwilson.com/>

LCEA028313

Visit our web site at www.scottwilson.com

Privilege and Confidentiality Notice.

This e-mail and any attachments to it are intended only for the party to whom they are addressed.  They may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete any digital copies and destroy any paper copies.

Thank you.

The ultimate parent company of the Scott Wilson Group is Scott Wilson Group plc.
Registered in England No. 5639381
Registered Office: Scott House, Alencon Link, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG21 7PP