[TRNSYS-users] heating load - 1 mn time step

Angel Carrera angel.carrera at aiguasol.coop
Tue Sep 28 02:59:17 PDT 2021

Hi Alain,

I guess that you are calculating the heating load with unlimited heating
power. If that's the case, you are requesting to type 56 that the building
reach the setpoint  temperature in 1 minute (that might be lot of energy
for such a small amount of time) and the sudden peaks in the heating load
appear at times where you have a change in the setpoint temperature. I will
suggest that you use a limited power for your heating device, or increase
your time step to a time that you find reasonable to heat your building. In
general, smaller time steps are "better", but if you are just interested in
calculating your heating load that's not necessarily true, specially if you
are interested in calculating peak power. Hope it helps, best regards

Angel

El mar, 28 sept 2021 a las 10:44, Alain GUIAVARCH via TRNSYS-users (<
trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org>) escribió:

> Hi everybody,
>

> I’m simulating a projet with type 56, and 1 mn time step.
>
> I don’t understand the heating load : it varies too much each hour, like
> something is not interpolated (green curve in the attached file ).
>
> Would anybody have any idea, did I forget something ?
>

> Best,
>

> Alain Guiavarch

Àngel Carrera Martín
Consultor sènior en Sistemes
Llicenciat en ciencies físiques
Sistemes Avançats d'Energia Solar Tèrmica - AIGUASOL

           +(00) 34 663 276 680   Roger de Llúria 29, 3r 2a
*angel.carrera at aiguasol.coop* <angel.carrera at aiguasol.coop>   08009
Barcelona
              angel_aiguasol   Tel: (+34) 933 424 755
                              www.aiguasol.coop