[TRNSYS-users] Import IFC files to Trnsys sketchup

miriam di matteo dimatteo.1585179 at studenti.uniroma1.it
Fri May 28 00:25:12 PDT 2021

Hi Yorgos,
(Trnsys v.17)
some month ago i tried to import a Revit model in SketchUp, I presume in
IFC extension. Honestly after some attempt i let it go.
But i remember one thing that might be useful to you:
I had this problem: I could not move surfaces from one thermal zone to
another or from the Skp space within the thermal zone.
I solved it like this: I first created my own thermal zone, activated it,
then imported 3D directly into the thermal zone (the surfaces are
recognized as wall, floor etc. without problem).

It was (is) the first time that i used Trnsys, so there may be better
solutions, or you may not have the same my problems.
I hope i have been useful.
Good work
Miriam