[TRNSYS-users] Storage Tank

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Sun May 2 09:08:44 PDT 2021

Luis,

If you have a modulating boiler it's probably not necessary to have a
storage tank. Some people put one in for thermal stability but I've seen
lots of cases where it's just the boiler. But here's the beauty of
TRNSYS - try it. If it's not behaving well then try adding a tank and
see if it behaves better. Because it's emulating the real system, and
the models are based on physics, the simulation should behave like a
real system.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
3 N. Pinckney Street, Suite 202, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 05/01/2021 10:59 am, Luis Santos via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I want to simulate a central heating system (wet system) for a church. A gas boiler should heat the water that will be distributed through the radiators. In total there are 10 radiators in the same and only zone. I can use type 56 (multizone), type 700 and type 1231, and type 3d for the pumps right? There is no need for domestic hot water, just heating water.
>
> Is this enough for my situation?
>
> 1x boiler
> 10x radiators
> 2 circulating pumps
> 1 thermostat/control for activate heating
>
> I just want to know if a storage tank is needed just for central heating. Is it typical for this application?
>
> Thank you
>
> Best regards,
>
> Luís

Links: