[TRNSYS-users] How to get constant outlet temperature from heat pump

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Jul 29 09:24:49 PDT 2021

Amirezza,

1) Most times you don't try and get a constant outlet temperature out of
a heat pump (unless you have a variable speed heat pump) - you simply
charge the storage tank using an on/off controller that watches the tank
temperature and then you use a tempering valve on the load side to
deliver the correct temperature water; bypassing some of the return
water from the load around the tank and mixing with a fraction that goes
through the tank.

2) I don't see any pipes in your flow loops. Please consider adding them
to allow for some thermal capacitance in the loops which will help
control the system and provide more reasonable results.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
3 N. Pinckney Street, Suite 202, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com