[TRNSYS-users] CO2 Heat pump

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Jan 19 10:51:14 PST 2021

Mohamed,

Most HVAC devices in TRNSYS that use a refrigerant (heat pumps,
chillers, etc.) are typically modeled using the concept of a look-up
performance data file approach. The very short timesteps required to
accurately model the dynamics of a refrigeration cycle would cause many
simulation to run a long time. I'm not sure what you are trying to
accomplish with your research but if it's a detailed study of the CO2
cycle then I would recommend a program like EES (which can couple with
TRNSYS). If you are just wanting to use a CO2 heat pump in your studies
then I would suggest finding performance data for the unit that you are
considering and then building a performance map and using one of the
existing HVAC components.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
3 N. Pinckney Street, Suite 202, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com