[TRNSYS-users] Solar thermal collectors / absorber temperature

Hemmatabady, Hoofar hemmatabady at geo.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Jan 14 13:52:29 PST 2021

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for your reply. I need it for 2nd law efficiency calculation.

So it can be considered as outlet temperature when the collector is idle and approximately as average temperature when the collector is working.

But sometime there is the problem that when there is no flow, the inlet and outlet temperatures show unacceptable numbers (e.g., 300 °C which cannot be the mean plate temperature!) and they get back to the reasonable values when there is flow again (the attached image). What could be the problem?

Best regards,

Hoofar