[TRNSYS-users] Problem generating Radiance files in TRNSYS 18

hotline hotline at Transsolar.com
Wed Nov 25 06:33:30 PST 2020

Hi Yorgos,

the log file shows that the listed daylight sensors are defined in the zone, so that part works. After that, there has to be an error, because the following line " Note: Geometry Rotation of ..." is not created.

It's hard to tell what the problem is without any more info about the project.
If you send the building project file (*.b18) incl. your TRNSYS user ID number to your TRNSYS distributor, they should be able to help you.

Best,
Christina

________________________________
Von: TRNSYS-users <trnsys-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org> im Auftrag von Yorgos Spanodimitriou via TRNSYS-users <trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org>
Gesendet: Montag, 23. November 2020 15:42
An: trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org <trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org>
Cc: Yorgos Spanodimitriou <yorgos.spanodimitriou at unicampania.it>
Betreff: [TRNSYS-users] Problem generating Radiance files in TRNSYS 18

Dear TRNsys users,

I would like to incorporate daylight simulations in my TRNSYS 18 model (vers. 18.01.0000) through Radiance, but I’m unable to generate the required files through the trnRAD utility.

The log output is:

trnRAD Version: 1.25

Note: Found daylight sensor ID 5 in Zone GEMINI1
Note: Found daylight sensor ID 6 in Zone GEMINI1
Note: Found daylight sensor ID 7 in Zone GEMINI1
Note: Found daylight sensor ID 8 in Zone GEMINI1

So, it seems to be unable to generate all the files listed in the manual.
I’ve followed all the steps highlighted in the manual, and, for example, I’m able to generate the correct Radiance files for the example trnsys model, but not so for my model.

Could you please give me a hint on where to look for the error?