[TRNSYS-users] 3 zones in series (solar radiation)

hotline hotline at Transsolar.com
Thu Dec 10 07:14:45 PST 2020

Hi Adnan,

Your sentence isn't fully correct. I think what you were thinking of refers to the distribution of beam radiation in a zone:
[cid:5b3cfd24-1378-47e3-a739-344352818a4c]
If you have 3D-geometry data, you can use the detailed mode in zone 1 where there is a geometrical distribution of beam radiation. In zone 2 behind the first internal window, you can use distribution factors (geosurf) to distribute beam radiation in standard mode. In zone 3 all radiation is treated as diffuse.
See also Chapter 5.4.1.9. Distribution of Solar Radiation in the TRNSYS Documentation.

Best,
Christina
________________________________
Von: TRNSYS-users <trnsys-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org> im Auftrag von adnan rasheed via TRNSYS-users <trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org>
Gesendet: Montag, 7. Dezember 2020 02:30
An: TRNSYS users mailing list at OneBuilding.org <trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org>
Cc: adnan rasheed <adnan.upm.spain at gmail.com>
Betreff: [TRNSYS-users] 3 zones in series (solar radiation)

Hi everyone,

i am using TRNSYS 18, the below caption is right about solar radiation???

Type56 is able to define an internal window that can pass solar from one zone to another. It cannot assess multiple internal windows in series. Thus if we broke the room up into 3 zones, the bottom zone would not get any solar. Someone please correct me if I am wrong about that!

--
Adnan Rasheed
Post-doc Research Fellow

[Mailtrack] <https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&>       Sender notified by