[TRNSYS-users] Problem with Type 60

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Apr 29 07:29:32 PDT 2020

May Kamal Salah,

Did you set a flow rate through the storage as well as the temperature?  Type 60 is unique in that you have to specify outlet flows for (inlet flows - 1) ports.  For this reason, and several other compelling reasons, we have moved away from using Type 60 and have moved this type into the archives.  Most users use Type 4 in the standard library or Type 534 from the TESS Libraries.  534 is an excellent tank model and was recently coded into Energy+ as it’s faster, more accurate, and more flexible then their current tank model.

Jeff