[TRNSYS-users] problem with collector type 1b - TRNSYS 18

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Apr 8 07:40:19 PDT 2020

Federico,

Without looking at your project, I’m going to guess that you are running into one of the limitations of the Type 1 model.  Due to its simplifying assumption in the solution, the model can run into issues at very low flow rates and very low loss coefficients.  It was for this reason that we wrote the Type 539 model at TESS.  Our rigorous solution technique does provide continuity all the way to zero flow and no losses.  If you have access to it, I would suggest changing to this model.  If you don’t, and don’t plan on operating near the edges of Type 1’s usability (extremely low losses or very low flow rates), Type 1 does a nice job through standard operating conditions.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone