[TRNSYS-users] Type 927

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu May 2 13:01:16 PDT 2019

<I am using type 927 to model a water-to-water heat pump but I don't
have data about the normalized capacity and power draw based on the
entering load and source temperatures and the normalized source and load
flow rates (as mentioned in the description of type 927). Knowing that
in the old version of this type "668", we didn't need values of
normalized source and load flow rates.>

If your catalog data doesn't show the impact of the flow rates on
performance, or if you'll be using the device at the flow rates that are
provided in the data, then simply provide only one data point for the
flow rates in the data file. Or copy the performance and repeat it for
the other flow rate points. 927 was written to be more accommodating for
heat pumps that have performance that varies with flow rate but can
still model everything that 668 could model before.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
3 N. Pinckney Street, Suite 202, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com