[TRNSYS-users] solar assisted water source heat pump

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Jul 30 11:49:03 PDT 2019

<I m going to model a solar assisted water source heat pump. My heat
source is a lake. Now I have monthly temperature of the lake. I think ı
should use type 927 water source heat pump. How can I use the lake as a
heat source ? If I connect a pump to type 927 and the temperature of the
pump adjusts the monthly lake temperature, will I do it right? Or should
I use a heat exchanger to use the lake as a heat source.>

If the temperature of the lake is assumed to not be affected by the heat
pump (large lake and small heat pump), then all you have to do is use a
forcing function (Type 14) to set the temperature of the lake. Connect
this temperature to your pump/pipe network on the source side of the
heat pump.

<How can I use the solar assistance in a basic way ? Is it difficult to
make in trnsys.>

It's not difficult to do but you'll need to design the system and it's
controls before you implement it into TRNSYS. Simply create a sketch of
what the system will look like including pumps, pipes, heat pump, solar
collectors, heat exchangers etc. and then use TRNSYS to implement your
design. Make sure to use small timesteps and think about the controls
carefully.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
3 N. Pinckney Street, Suite 202, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 07/30/2019 1:17 pm, Emre Arpaci via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Hi trnsys users
>
> I have two questions.
>
> I m going to model a solar assisted water source heat pump.My heat source is a lake.Now I have montly temperature of the lake. I think ı should use type 927 water source heat pump. How can I use the lake as a heat source ? If I connect a pump to type 927 and the temperature of the pump adjusts the monthly lake temperature, will I do it right? Or should I use a heat exchanger to use the lake as a heat source.
>
> 2) How can I use the solar assistance in a basic way ? Is it difficult to make in trnsys.
>
> regards

Links:
------
[1]