[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS control cards

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Jan 18 10:19:52 PST 2019

Makram,

You did a nice job with the include file, but you didn't use the names
that you defined there as the names for the simulation start time, stop
time and timestep in the control cards of your project. Change the units
of those three cards to string (or variable name) and specify TStart,
TStop and Tstep. See attached; a version 18 screen capture, v17 will
look differently but you get the idea.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
3 N. Pinckney Street, Suite 202, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 01/16/2019 2:21 am, Makram ABDELLATIF wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> I tried your solution: I created an inc file (file.inc), I added the line "include file" to the deck file. Unfortunately, it didn't work, I don't recieve any errors and the simulation works but the values of the simulation cards don't change.
>
> You will find attached, my deck file and the inc file.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> MAKRAM ABDELLATIF
>
> Doctorant
>
> Département Construction Civile et Mécanique
>
> HEI, une école d'Yncréa Hauts-de-France
>
> Laboratoire Génie Civil et géo-Environnement
>
> makram.abdellatif at yncrea.fr
>
> Tél. : 07.54.15.03.53
>
> www.hei.fr [1] / www.yncrea.fr [2]
>
> www.lgcge.fr [3]
>

> [4]
>
> DE : Jeff Thornton <thornton at tess-inc.com>
> ENVOYÉ : jeudi 10 janvier 2019 16:49
> À : Makram ABDELLATIF <makram.abdellatif at yncrea.fr>
> OBJET : Re: [TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS control cards
>
> Makram,
>
> You can use an INCLUDE file. Details can be found in the documentation. The include file must also follow the TRNSYS requirements on structure.
>
> So it may look like:
>
> EQUATIONS 3
>
> Tstart = 0
>
> Tstop = 8760
>
> Tstep = 0.05
>
> Then these variable names appear in your control cards. You could also put your control cards in an include file but then you have to edit the input file manually.
>
> Jeff
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 10, 2019, at 9:35 AM, Makram ABDELLATIF <makram.abdellatif at yncrea.fr> wrote:
>
> Thank you for your answer Jeff.
>
> Is there a way to change control cards externaly? For example:
>
> Simulation start time= tstart
>
> Simulation stop time= tstop
>
> simulation time step= tstep
>
> Where tstart and tstop and tstep are given in a external file (.txt).
>
> Thank you.
>
> <IMAGE001.PNG>
>
> MAKRAM ABDELLATIF
>
> Doctorant
>
> Département Construction Civile et Mécanique
>
> HEI, une école d'Yncréa Hauts-de-France
>
> Laboratoire Génie Civil et géo-Environnement
>
> makram.abdellatif at yncrea.fr
>
> Tél. : 07.54.15.03.53
>
> www.hei.fr [1] / www.yncrea.fr [2]
>
> www.lgcge.fr [3]
>

> <image002.jpg> [4]
>
> DE : Jeff Thornton <thornton at tess-inc.com>
> ENVOYÉ : mercredi 9 janvier 2019 16:28
> À : TRNSYS users mailing list at OneBuilding.org [5] <trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org>
> CC : Makram ABDELLATIF <makram.abdellatif at yncrea.fr>
> OBJET : Re: [TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS control cards
>
> Makram,
>
> You can use equations to set the control card variables. For example:
>
> STARTSIM= 0
>
> DAYS= 57
>
> STOPSIM= STARTSIM+DAYS*24

> [...]

Links: