[TRNSYS-users] solar absorption cooling

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Apr 24 10:35:14 PDT 2019

It's almost impossible to debug your project without seeing it. Did you
check the cooling water inlet temperature, flow rates, etc? Did you plot
all the available outputs to check the performance vs what you would
expect? You can also use the debugging option and walk through the
source code line by line to see what the absorption chiller is doing.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
3 N. Pinckney Street, Suite 202, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 04/24/2019 2:42 am, Ayşe Fidan Altun via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Dear TRNSYS users,
>
> I do have a question about double and single effect absorption models. When I check the catalog data of Type 107 (single-effect) and Type 677 (double-effect) absorption models I realized that especially for double effect systems capacity reduces dramatically according to hot water inlet temperature. I would like to make a comparison of single and double effect models performances. When I would like to compensate the same amount of cooling load of a building with two seperate models of single or double effect absorption chillers, auxiliary heat requirement is much larger for double effect system which is not reasonable. I tried two options first I chose a high rated capacity and low hot water inlet temperature (27.8 kW and 126 C in order to compensate 6kW cooling load) and chiller worked at part load, secondly I chose very high inlet temperature (175 C) and capacity of the chiller is as the same with the cooling load of the building (6 kW) works at full load . For any case, my
double effect absorption chiller requires enormous auxiliary heat when compared to single effect one, even though it has better COP values than the single effect chiller.

> If you can help me I will be appreciated, I am really confused.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> --
>
> Ar.Gör. Ayşe Fidan ALTUN
>
> Uludağ Üniversitesi