[TRNSYS-users] Long-distance heating to Transfer station to flat transfer station

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Sep 5 09:36:32 PDT 2018

Jan,

With the difficulties encountered with the second language, may I
suggest that you create a schematic of the system you'd like to study,
send it over, and we can suggest a layout and Types that will let you
accomplish your modeling goals in TRNSYS. And YES - TRNSYS is designed
for systems just like this.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
3 N. Pinckney Street, Suite 202, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 09/05/2018 4:57 am, Jan Jedlak via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to simulate following situation.
> I simulate one flat to become heating demand, then have som profile for hot water.
> So I become heat demand for heating and warm water. This is what I need to become from/over flat transfer station (FTS).
> Do you know if such flat transfer station is in some Type?
> Then I have some length of circulation pipeline for all FTS. In basement is one 500 Liter buffer storage. And this all is connect on Long distance heating.
>
> Why I want to simulate is, because the sum of heat consumption in single flats and on counter in basement to long-distance heating is in winter about 20-250% higher - what is plausible (losses).
> But in summer are the losses about 65% what is hard to understand.
>
> Do you think that I can simulate this system in TRNSYS 17?
> Could you please give me some advices, tips, which type should I use?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Jan

Links:
------