[TRNSYS-users] How to control the chiller

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Oct 16 20:21:34 PDT 2018

Sinchote,

The chiller needs to operate whenever you need to meet a cooling load -
unless you have some sort of thermal storage device. Without knowing the
type of system you have, that's about all the advice we can offer. If
the chiller isn't on, and you have a load, the temperature will quickly
rise to the point where the load cannot be met. If you've got thermal
storage, you could charge the tank at night to save money and discharge
it during the day. I suggest a web search on controlling chillers may
help you understand how chillers operate and strategies to maximize
their efficiency.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
3 N. Pinckney Street, Suite 202, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 10/16/2018 10:14 pm, Sinchote Keeratianant via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Dear TRNSYS user,
>
> I'm simulating the absorption chiller in a whole year. The absorption chiller will be operating on working day.
>
> How can i control the absorption chiller working?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Sinchote

Links:
------