[TRNSYS-users] Gas Tankless water heater

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed May 30 14:35:30 PDT 2018

Just use an equation and set the temperature setpoint to it's desired
value when you want it on and to -999 when you want it off.

Tset_Tankless = 55*Want_Tankless - 999*(1-Want_Tankless)

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 05/30/2018 3:51 pm, Bishan Thapa via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Can we set up a conditional turn on and off mechanism for the "Gas tankless water heater --Type 940". It is my back up heater for the solar combisytem. Unlike the differential controller type 165 , which senses out inputs and controls the pump in solar loop,I cannot see that it takes control signal to turn on and off.
>
> Sincerely,
> Bishan Thapa
>
> University Of North Carolina Charlotte

Links: