[TRNSYS-users] Type511 fluid cooler Design ambient air temperature > 20 °C

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue May 15 09:49:34 PDT 2018

Eric,

The fluid cooler model can certainly handle high ambient temperature conditions.  The only reason we have users change that parameter from 28 to 20 is that the default parameters (airflow, inlet and outlet water temperatures etc) supplied with the model (with 28 C and not 20),that are used to solve for the design heat transfer, create an impossible condition and the model reports the error.  For example you can’t make 25 C water with 30 C air and the model would report the same error if you supplied those conditions as the design parameters.

All you have to do is supply a set of consistent parameters and the model will behave beautifully.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone