[TRNSYS-users] Input solar radiation onto windows surfaces

Weber Daniel webedani at student.ethz.ch
Wed Jun 20 15:10:41 PDT 2018

Hi Christoph,

thank you for your answer. The thing is, I would like to directly input the specific solar radiation (calculated in Grasshopper) onto the windows outside surfaces and only the windows, not input general solar radiation for the whole building. But I guess this is not so easy, as I still would like to have the general solar radiation calculated on the building by TRNBuild to keep precision in thermal calculations apart from windows.

I thought about TRNLizard aswell, but as I understood correctly its a plugin for Grasshopper. I would like my main module to be TRNSYS, as it calls CONTAM for ventilation and MATLAB for control purposes. If I use TRNLizard can I then still edit my TRNSYS deck file to implement these two softwares, as well as edit the Type 56 file to define manual inputs and ouputs?

Additionally, I have seen that Pigeon is the CONTAM plugin for Grasshopper, therefore ventilation calculations could be implemented through this plugin. But I'm still not sure how to establish the connection from MATLAB to TRNSYS and its Type 56 by using Grasshopper as my main module ?

Thank you for your help and best regards,

Daniel