[TRNSYS-users] Steam Boiler's required energy

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Aug 22 12:43:46 PDT 2018

First of all let me say what a pleasure it was to open a project where
the user has obviously taken a lot of time to make the project legible
and easy to follow! Now to your problem. What it comes down to is that
all of the steam components take enthalpy and pressure to set the steam
state (as T and P aren't always indicative of the state). So when you
hooked up the outlet temperature and flow rate from the collector to the
boiler, and left pressure and enthalpy unconnected, the model took the
constant values of the unconnected inputs for P and H and set the steam
state. I have modified your project to include a simple fix (using the
steam properties model to set the state) and a more detailed fix where I
replaced the non-steam models for the mixer and diverter with the steam
versions. Take a look at the differences and choose the method that fits
your needs.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com