[TRNSYS-users] [re-send]Type 536(Linear Parabolic Trough) output temperature

Joao Cardoso joao.cardoso at lneg.pt
Tue Aug 14 02:40:23 PDT 2018

Dear ­김지혁[기계공학부,

From a quick look at type 536 it is clear that you need to suitable dimension your solar field. At the moment you are using only 2m^2 of collector area which is very little considering the energy requirements of your system.

As for your questions:

1 – The outlet temperature is smaller due to the thermal losses at the solar field. You can see the thermal losses effect by changing the thermal losses coefficients and observing their impact in the outlet temperature. Your values seem large, particularly the a2 coefficient value. You should use values closer to real collector parameters (a nice database is available at http://www.stage-ste.eu/keydocuments/solarthermalcollectors.php).

2 – The plot seems constant due to the small total aperture area. You are supplying very little energy to your heat transfer fluid, thus you don’t observe significant temperature changes. Just try to increase the aperture area and you will see variation. This is a signal that your solar field is not suitably designed and that you must perform a proper dimensioning of the field.

I hope this helps. Best regards,

João Pereira Cardoso
Unidade de Energias Renováveis e
Integração de Sistemas de Energia