[TRNSYS-users] Stratification and Radiation in TRNSYS

hotline hotline at Transsolar.com
Wed Apr 25 09:16:44 PDT 2018

Dear Lukasz,

for stratifications you can use coupling. In Trnsys 17 you can only connect two airnodes within a zone. In Trnsys18 up to 6 airnodes can be coupled. The airflow between airnodes is a user input. Please have a look into manual 05-MultizoneBuilding: 5.2.4.10. Coupling between airnodes of same zone (T17) or  5.2.7.10. Coupling between airnodes (T18)

In Radiation Modes of Thermal Zone you can set a Solar to air factor. Please have a look into manual 05-MultizoneBuilding: 5.2.4.12. Radiation Modes (T17) or 5.2.7.12. Zone Radiation Modes (T18)

The solid gets the heat from the source of heat by longwave radiation (Depends on the model you are using. Please have a look int o05-MultizoneBuilding: 5.2.4.12. Radiation Modes (T17) or 5.2.7.12. Zone Radiation Modes (T18)) and indirectly also by convection/heat conduction.

Regards,
Christoph

Von: TRNSYS-users <trnsys-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org> Im Auftrag von Lukasz Watly via TRNSYS-users
Gesendet: Montag, 23. April 2018 16:07
An: trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Cc: Łukasz Wątły <lukaszwatly92 at gmail.com>
Betreff: [TRNSYS-users] Stratification and Radiation in TRNSYS

Dear All,
I am writing to you with some questions that appeared while working on the model in TRNSYS. I am preparing a model of 3-storey building with low-temperature floor and ceiling heating installed.
I am interested in doing the vertical stratification on each and every floor of this building, meaning that I would like to have at least 4 different nodes on the given floor. Is it possible to do the stratification in this way with TRNSYS? If so, how could I approach it?
Next problem regards the aspect of radiation. As each air node represents each zone, the air normally does not receive any radiation heat, but the solid does. However, in the tutorial it is mentioned that air node receives heat radiation. My question is how does it happen in more details?

Lastly, if I have the solid between two air nodes, how can this solid get the heat from source of heat directly by radiation? How does it influence the air nodes?
I would be grateful if somebody could share his/her knowledge. Thank you in advance for your help.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Lukasz Watly