[TRNSYS-users] stratified storage tank issue

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Apr 12 05:48:36 PDT 2018

Fozia,

Typically we use one stratified node for every 4-6 gallons of storage.  So your tank would have 20-30 nodes.  Put the return from the collector at the top of the tank (just below the auxiliary heater) the supply to the collector at the bottom of the tank, the outlet to the load at the top of the tank and the inlet mains water at the bottom.  If you are using Type 4 then pay special attention to where you set your auxiliary heater as it will automatically put the collector return flow just beneath it.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone