[TRNSYS-users] Rebuilding a DLL (Editing existed type in Trnsys Lib)

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Nov 16 10:53:44 PST 2017

There is a nice guide in the TRNSYS documentation about adding a new
component and creating a DLL for just your component. If you are using
the standard FORTRAN solution provided with purchase, there is a MyType
project already including in the solution. Add your component there and
build the User DLL (making sure to remove it from the TRNSYS DLL
project). Build both the release and debug versions so you have it
available whenever you're running in either TRNSYS mode.

But if you're not distributing the DLL, it's almost always easier to
just leave it in the main TRNSYS DLL....

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 11/16/2017 12:31 pm, Ghady Dib via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> In order to rebuild just my only one component after modifying it; I am following these steps;
>
> 1) Open Trnsys17 > Compilers Ivf111 > Select Type 164 > Modify it (JPEG1)
>
> 2) Right it click on the type > Compile. After that I have 0 errors and 0 warnings (JPEG2)
>
> Now in order to rebuild it (not all of the types)
>
> 3) Generate > only project > build TRNDLL (JPEG3) (Is this right)? (I don't know if this is right, because by this steps it is affecting all the types and not only mine) and I am affraid to affect the other types.
>
> After that where the (Type164).dll will be located? In Ivf111 >TRNDll > Debug > TRNDll.lib ? (So it will remain at the same place and so the new dll take the place of the old dll; is it right ?)
>
> Now after step 3 is there any procedure left to do it? Are these 3 steps are enough in order to Trnsys take into consideration the changes? If step 3 is wrong, can you tell me please step by step what procedure should I take.
>
> Thank you in advance
> --
>
> Ghady DIB
>
> Doctorant
> Laboratoire CETHIL UMR 5008 Groupe Energétique des Systèmes Thermiques et Frigorifiques (ESTF) Département Génie Energétique et Environnement INSA Lyon France
>
> Tel:+ (33) 6 33 52 96 74 [2]

Links:
------
[1]
[2] tel:%2B%20%2833%29%206%2033%2052%2096%2074