[TRNSYS-users] Output Printers

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Nov 9 13:10:00 PST 2017

<About print outputs (TYPE 25) While I plugged in the required outputs
to the printer, but when I open the printer in Excel, the outputs are
cluttered and completely unrelated. For example, I chose the power
output of the panel, but the temperature and wind of the city of Tehran
open in Excel, which is completely unrelated. Is not the problem with
the Excel version? what's the solution?>

What did you specify for the name of the output file in the printer
proforma? Sounds like you may have an issue with writing/reading from
the same file.

<For Plot printers (TYPE 65), when I get a graph, some lines are too
thin to not be able to see the high resolution image. Is there any way I
can zoom in or see a higher-quality photo with all the lines in it? This
graph of the software shows cannot be used in any article, because lines
are not clear except for some other lines.>

You can use the "Thick Lines" option in the plotter, turn off any line
you don;t want by clicking on it's name, or zoom into the window ((click
and drag).

<In Plot printers (TYPE 65), the vertical axis to the right of the graph
shown with "Heat transfer rate" is different for each parameter? For
example, for a power output, is the watt, for module temperature, is
Celsius or Kelvin? For example, what is the heat transfer rate for PV
efficiency? >

The label for the plot is set in the Special Cards tab of the proforma.

All of these items are discussed in great detail in the documentation. I
urge you to start there with questions. There is a nice discussion on
the Online plotter in the Tutorials manual.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 11/09/2017 2:54 pm, Mohammad Rezvanpour via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Hello dear TRNSYS users
> good day
>
> I have three important questions about outputs
>
> 1- About print outputs (TYPE 25) While I plugged in the required outputs to the printer, but when I open the printer in Excel, the outputs are cluttered and completely unrelated. For example, I chose the power output of the panel, but the temperature and wind of the city of Tehran open in Excel, which is completely unrelated. Is not the problem with the Excel version? what's the solution?
>
> 2- For Plot printers (TYPE 65), when I get a graph, some lines are too thin to not be able to see the high resolution image. Is there any way I can zoom in or see a higher-quality photo with all the lines in it? This graph of the software shows cannot be used in any article, because lines are not clear except for some other lines.
>
> 3- In Plot printers (TYPE 65), the vertical axis to the right of the graph shown with "Heat transfer rate" is different for each parameter? For example, for a power output, is the watt, for module temperature, is Celsius or Kelvin? For example, what is the heat transfer rate for PV efficiency?
>
> I know there are a lot of questions, but I'm sure these are commonplace questions for you mates.
>
> Kind Regards.
> Mohammad
> --
>
> Regards.
>
> MSc. Student of Energy and Environmental Engineering at University of Tehran
>
> Hand-Phone: +989303037373

Links:
------
[1]