[TRNSYS-users] Mean Radiant Temperature More Extreme than Individual Surface Temps

Bradley Painting paintingbr at appstate.edu
Thu Aug 20 19:05:56 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am seeing poor thermal comfort and found that the mean radiant
temperature of my air node is more extreme than the inside surface
temperature of any individual wall or window comprising the airnode. It is
much colder in the winter and much warmer in the summer.

This doesn't seem possible to me. Any idea what could cause this? Please
see first the aggregate temperature range for all walls and windows, and
then the mean radiant temperature for the same time period in the two
respective graphs below. Thanks.

[image: Inline image 1]

[image: Inline image 2]

--

Brad Painting

Master of Science Candidate, Renewable Energy Engineering

Department of Technology & Environmental Design

Appalachian State University

Boone, NC  28608