[TRNSYS-users] number of hx pipes in type 713

Kiko franciscofh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 02:44:16 PDT 2013

Hi, I have a problem in type 713 when a want to add more than one HX
pipe. The fatal error is:

/TRNSYS Message     99 : Bad or missing data on control card.
/>/  TRNSYS understood a keyword and is looking for additional
/>/  information for that keyword, but cannot find it. The control card
/>/  is in "reported information" below.
/>/      Reported information  : ASSIGN "pipe713.dat"
/>/
/>/ASSIGN "pipe713.dat"/

I suppose that if the number of HX pipe is greater than one, I have to
add an external data files for each pipe, but the model generates the
same logical unit number and it only allows to introduce one external
data file. I try all the possibilities, I change the proforma of type
713 to allow introduce more data files and I describe the pipe
configuration in one data file, but the error is always the same.

I would like if someone have had the same situation and if have found a
solution.

Thank you.

Francisco Fernández Hernández.
Grupo de Energética, Universidad de Málaga.
Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Industriales.
C/Doctor Ortiz Ramos s/n, 29071 Málaga.
951.952.528