[TRNSYS-users] Type 508c Cooling Coil problem

santeri siren santeri.siren.laatikko at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 06:37:31 PDT 2013

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am modelling AHU precooling system with type 508c as the cooling coil.

If I use low cooling water temperatures (e.g. 8 C) type 508c cannot keep
the outlet air temperature in its setpoint.

If I use higher cooling water temperatures (e.g. 18 C) type 508c can keep
the air temperature in its setpoit much better.

Could someone exlpain this behaviour to me? Does it have something to do
with condensing or could it be a bug?

Also, it seems that at least the following outputs are not correct:

-         Coil liquid flow rate ( = more than zero if there is not cooling
need)

-          Bypass liquid flow rate ( = always zero)

-          Bypass fraction for liquid side ( = always zero)

Has anyone else noticed this?

Best regards,

Santeri Siren