[Trace-users] Error message

Bob Fassbender bobfass11 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 09:23:23 PDT 2019

Hi John,

I get that error often enough to have some insight. Usually, I can fix it
by closing the file and reopening it. (save a copy first though!).
Sometimes, instead of this error, you might see that the system entries are
all blank when you try to edit them. My suspicion is that the indexed
inputs in TRACE lose their "alignment" and the file is reading from blank
cells.

Thus, if close/reopen doesn't work, you should archive and unarchive. This
will reset all of the parameters into the correct "index". An easy way to
view this is like a spreadsheet: if a file begins referencing empty cells
for some reason, certain fields will return blank answers or errors.
Archiving and unarchiving effectively removes all of the unused "cells" and
then the inputs tend to align.

However, I can only recall one time where I needed to archive/unarchive -
out of hundreds of times with that error. Usually close and reopen does
just fine.

Best Regards All

Bob Fassbender
TRACE Trainer