[Trace-users] Friday TRACE tutorial

Bob Fassbender via Trace-users trace-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Fri Feb 24 08:18:11 PST 2017

Hi All-

I'm sure some of you already have ways of doing this, but if you have a
redundant task in TRACE, you can waste your entire weekend on something as
simple as deleting all of the partitions in a model. Not all tasks can be
done in the component tree view, as many of you may know.

So, if you have about 35 minutes today, or this weekend, I posted the full
tutorial on how I automate tasks in TRACE 700. I didn't get too detailed
since most automation is simple.

It really works for anything, people actually set this up to play video
games for them - which is.... maybe a conundrum, but good practice.

http://energy-models.com/blog/how-automate-redundant-tasks-trace-700

Anyone else have any tips on automation? I know of certain macros, but I
think this method is easier to pick up without knowing how to code.

We could probably make a library for automating certain tasks.

Cheers,

Bob
ᐧ