[Trace-users] Fwd: [Bldg-sim] Three thousand votes cast. Polls still Open. Vote for your favorite Energy Modeling interface

Bob Fassbender bobfass11 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 06:37:01 PDT 2016

Poll is now closed and the results are currently set to private. At least
the graph is easy to read (note the sarcasm)!

In short, DesignBuilder received the most votes followed by I think
HoneyBee, IES VE, OpenStudio and then eQUEST (last I checked the poll
though, there were dramatic shifts overnight indicating a divide among the
east and west hemispheres). At least TRACE 700 beat the IDF editor.

It should be noted that the poll is not scientifically accurate. For
instance, the primary promoter of the poll was a single Linkedin user from
London, which is near where DesignBuilder is headquartered (selection
bias). You can also vote on such polls multiple times very readily.

Still interesting, but just not going to buy a DesignBuilder license based
on the results.

Happy Super Tuesday 3,

Bob
Energy-models.com