[Trace-users] Fwd: Specify Window Frame Type

Oscar Buchely L. obuchely at ses-ingenieria.com
Wed Apr 2 15:10:22 PDT 2014

Why you don´t use apendix A values?

Soluciones Energéticas Sostenibles
www.ses-ingenieria.com
Bogota - Colombia
Tel +57 1 6192633

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Trace-users] Specify Window Frame Type
Date: 	Wed, 2 Apr 2014 16:17:34 -0500
From: 	Ben Hollon <bhollon at antella-inc.com>
To: 	trace-users at lists.onebuilding.org

Hi,

Working on a LEED energy model in Trace. I typically use HAP, which
allows the input of a window frame type, and it then calculates the
entire window assembly U-value and SC, rather than just the glass.

I've had LEED reviewers come back and ask me for my window assembly
calcs and I was able to show how HAP was doing that calc based on the
frame type as well. However, I can't find anything similar in Trace, and
I'm getting nervous about how to show assembly calculations to a LEED
reviewer. I've had terrible luck in the past getting assembly values
from the manufacturer as well.

I spoke with CDS and they recommended modeling a small sliver of wall
that is representative of the frame, which seems quite tedious.

Has anyone either experienced this issue, and figured out a work around?

Thanks!

*Ben Hollon, *

Antella Consulting Engineers, inc.

1600 Genessee, Suite 260.Kansas City, MO 64102.Tele: (816) 421-0950.
Fax: (816) 249-2439 . www.antella-inc.com <http://www.antella-inc.com>

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this electronic communication,
as well as in any attachments, is privileged and confidential and
intended solely for use by the addressee(s). Any other use,
dissemination, or copying of this electronic communication is strictly
prohibited and is an interference with Antella Consulting Engineers,
inc. confidential business relationships. If you received this
communication in error, please notify me immediately and permanently
delete the original and any electronic or printed copies of this
electronic communication.