[Trace-users] RTS vs CLTD

Hui Jin jinhuic at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 17 09:18:30 PDT 2008

Dear Trace Users,
I notice that there is considerable discrepancies in the load estimation between RTS and CLTD for the same building setup.  The largest I have got so far is about 36% in glass solar. It seems to me that acceptance of either result would invalidate the other. According to 2005 ASHRAE HOF, RTS is supposed to effectively replace CLTD. Does that mean the RTS result should be more reliable? Thanks.
Hui