[Trace-users] Modeling Radiant Cooling Savings in Trace

Phil_Grossman at URSCorp.com Phil_Grossman at URSCorp.com
Wed Aug 20 11:00:08 PDT 2008

I designed a building with radiant floor cooling.  For LEED 2.2,  EA Credit
1 -Optimize Energy Performance, in the submittal I used the Exceptional
Calculation Method to calculate the energy savings associated with the
radiant cooling.  The energy savings were determined from the BTU/HR the
radiant floor manufacturer advised would be saved, and associated reduced
chiller load.

should be modeled in the proposed building and should not be submitted as
an exceptional calculation.  Assuming Trace cannot model radiant cooling
directly, there are several possible workarounds that could be used to
simulate the performance of this type of system that have been posted on
the Bldg-Sim forum for energy modelers."

I reviewed the Lists Onebuilding Bldg-Sim as well as the Trace-Users
forums; I did not find a thread on how to model radiant floor cooling
savings in either forum.   Could someone please tell me how to model energy
savings from radiant floor cooling in Trace?

Thank you

Phil Grossman P.E., LEED AP, HFDP
Senior Mechanical Engineer
URS Corporation
3950 Sparks Drive
Grand Rapids, MI. 49546
Tel: (616) 574-8451
Fax: (616) 574-8542
phil_grossman at urscorp.com

 This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you receive this
 message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should not retain,
 distribute, disclose or use any of this information and you should destroy
 the e-mail and any attachments or copies.