[Simergy-users] Functional Plenum Zones

Simergy Beta Program SimergyBetaProgram at DigitalAlchemyPro.com
Sat Oct 10 11:11:18 PDT 2015

Fred,

To make plena work (shared or dedicated), you need to do all of the
following:

1)      When you create your building stories - do the following:

*         In the Create/Edit Building palette/"Building Stories" tab -
select "Ceiling Plena"' in 'Plenum Configuration and also set the above
'Ceiling Configuration' (we used "Single zone" in our example below - to
have a single shared plenum) --- See Image-1 below

*         Then click "Preview", followed by "Save" --- to create your
building stories

This will make the above ceiling spaces into plena that are available of use
in the HVAC loop.  See Image-2 (note the Ceiling Plena highlighted in the
tree)

2)      When making your Zone HVAC Groups

*         Include a supply plenum above Air Terminal - drag/drop from the
stencil - just like the components (in our example, we used a Shared Supply
Plenum).  See Image-3

3)      Assigning the Zone group to an Air Loop is just as before - but with
one additional step

*         Select the Zone HVAC Group in the tree > right-click > "Assign to
Air Loop"

*         In the Air Loop Diagram workspace > select the Plenum > select the
appropriate Plenum zone in the Zone Name field of the Component Data (lower
left).  In our example, this loop is conditioning the first floor, so the
appropriate plenum zone is "Ceiling Plenum Zone 1-1".  See Image-4 (note
that it validates)

Regards,

Simergy Beta Test Program

SimergyBetaProgram at DigitalAlchemyPro.com
<mailto:SimergyBetaProgram at DigitalAlchemyPro.com>

www.DigitalAlchemyPro.com <http://www.DigitalAlchemyPro.com>

  _____

Image-1

Image-2