[Simergy-users] Create Array of Skylights in Simergy

End User Support Support at DigitalAlchemyPro.com
Sat Oct 10 09:41:32 PDT 2015

Trevor,

You can create skylights in the 'Tools' tab of the Buildings workspace (see
screenshot just below):

Here are the steps:

1)      Click on Buildings tab in the ribbon > click on Tools tab in the
lower left (parameters) palette - 'Create Slab Hole' section

2)      Select the roof story in the data model tree (upper left) to be
looking at the roof slab in the Plan view

3)      Also in the parameters palette > Set the Library Type (I will use
"Glazing Type" in this example, but you can define skylights in the library
and use those) > then se the Glazing type to a glazing layer set (I will use
"GLAZ_DoublePane" in this example)

4)      Check the box for array - if you want more than one skylight > set
the X and Y offsets for your array > and the number of skylights in each
direction

5)      Click on the roof slab to select it  > the Click "Draw Hole" - the
plan view will go into X-ray view mode so that you can see the walls below

6)      If you want rectangular skylights (or holes) - check the Ortho box
under plan view

7)      Relative Placement: Click on the point relative to which you want to
place the lower left skylight in the array (I used the inside corner of a
core space) (see Image-1 below); if you want to offset from this point:

*         Click 'R' to go into 'Relative Placement' mode

*         Drag the mouse/cursor in the direction you want to offset first -
and type the number of feet to move (I used 6.5' horizontally (to the right)
- and hit return - the reference point (orange box) moves to that point

*         Drag the mouse/cursor in the direction you want to offset second -
and type the number of feet to move (I used 6.5' vertically (upward) - and
hit return - the reference point (orange box) moves to that point

*         Repeat as you want to get to the point you want > then click 'R'
to get out of 'Relative Placement' mode

*         My reference point is now at 6.5', 6.5' relative to the point I
originally clicked (see Image-2 below)

8)      Create Hole/Skylight: drag the mouse/cursor in a direction, enter
number of feet, and hit return to draw each edge of the skylight . my
example does this:

*         Drag to right, type 4', hit 'return'

*         Drag to right, type 4', hit 'return'

*         Drag to right, type 4', hit 'return'

*         Drag downward to the start point of the loop (blue box) - when it
goes bold - click to close the loop (see Image-3 below)

9)      The array of skylights (or holes) will now be created (see Image-4
below)
If you made a mistake, or it is not as you would like, click "Undo" in the
center of the bar above the plan view and the array will be removed - so
that you can retry.

Image-1

Image-2

Image-3

Image-4

Please let us know how you like this feature.

Regards,

Simergy Support

Support at DigitalAlchemyPro.com <mailto:Support at DigitalAlchemyPro.com>

www.DigitalAlchemyPro.com <http://www.digitalalchemypro.com/>