[Simergy-users] Bad import of double height spaces in IFC file

Simergy Beta Program SimergyBetaProgram at DigitalAlchemyPro.com
Wed Nov 11 12:25:59 PST 2015

Anna,

Which version of Simergy are you using?  We just imported this IFC file into the current Beta version of SimergyPro (v1.8.1) (which is the version that has IFC import) and got the following 3D geometry:

We then isolated the spaces in the model (hides everything other than spaces) and selected the 2-story chapel space.  As you can see in the following screenshot, that space did come in as a 2-story space.

Note: we did find an issue in v1.8.1 with the 3D window, but after saving the imported model and then re-opening, that issue was resolved.  We also noticed that the plan representation for the sanctuary was not correct.  It is a valid 2-story space in the model, but the plan view has a problem.  We will get this fixed before the release of v1.9.

Assuming you want to use this model for performance simulations in EnergyPlus, you will need to use the LBNL Space Boundary tool for a bit longer.  We are able to auto-generate space boundaries for many imported models, but are not yet able to do it correctly for all imported models.

Regards,

Simergy Beta Test Program

 <mailto:SimergyBetaProgram at DigitalAlchemyPro.com> SimergyBetaProgram at DigitalAlchemyPro.com

 <http://www.DigitalAlchemyPro.com> www.DigitalAlchemyPro.com