[Simergy-users] SIMERGY Outlook/Funding/Sponsorship?

Greg Garcia ggarcia at etcgrp.com
Mon Jul 27 12:20:36 PDT 2015

Dear SIMERGY Users,

In following the SIMERGY website, I am very impressed with the software!

I've been creating energy models for the past 6 years using exclusively eQUEST and spreadsheet models.

As you know, it can be a costly investment to learn and apply a new software.  I am nearing the point of making that investment into SIMERGY, but before doing so, I was hoping to gain some understanding on where the software headed.  Specifically I would like to know:

1.       Will SIMERGY continue to be a "free" tool to the public?

2.       The SIMERGY website lists team members (i.e. sponsors) as; DOE, LBL, California, Trane, etc....  I've heard rumors that DOE and others will stop supporting SIMERGY in the near future, is that true?  If so, how do you see that impacting the software development and support over the next 5-10 years?

3.       Does SIMERGY facilitate the modeling of custom utility rates (Seasonal, Time of Day, Ratchets, Taxes, etc...)?  I've heard this is quite limited?

If anyone has information about this, I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Feel free to call me to discuss.

Kind Regards:)

Greg Garcia
Engineer, PE